[gentoo-dev] USE-flag gnome-keyring isn't accurate anymore
Pacho Ramos
2021-12-24 08:50:02 UTC
I think “secret” may be too generic and “libsecret” is not ideal in case
an implemention comes along that is named differently. How about
“secret-service”?
I think this is a good idea.
And "keyring"? I am not sure if users not familiar with "libsecret" will
understand what "secret*" means in this context
Marek Szuba
2021-12-25 11:20:01 UTC
Post by Pacho Ramos
I think “secret” may be too generic and “libsecret” is not ideal in case
an implemention comes along that is named differently. How about
“secret-service”?
I think this is a good idea.
And "keyring"? I am not sure if users not familiar with "libsecret" will
understand what "secret*" means in this context
Definitely a good idea. And I second "keyring", seeing as this term is also in use on other OSes.
Marecki
Marek Szuba
Marecki
John Johnson
Marecki
Andreas Sturmlechner
2023-05-14 15:30:01 UTC
Post by John Johnson
Post by Marek Szuba
Post by Pacho Ramos
I think “secret” may be too generic and “libsecret” is not ideal in
case an implemention comes along that is named differently. How about
“secret-service”?
I think this is a good idea.
And "keyring"? I am not sure if users not familiar with "libsecret" will
understand what "secret*" means in this context
Definitely a good idea. And I second "keyring", seeing as this term is
also in use on other OSes.
--
Marecki
"keyring" conveys the appropriate meaning, imho.
It seems that keyring won the popular vote. There is now a bug and a PR:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/905928
https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/31035